A Delaware judge has ordered a jury trial in Dominion Voting Systems’ $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox News.
The case will now be tried in mid-April. The decision is a loss for Fox News as they sought to have the case thrown out.
Additionally, the “judge” claimed in the decision that the network’s statements regarding Dominion and the 2020 election were false. Now a jury will determine whether FOX News acted with actual malice.
The evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that it is abundantly clear that none of Dominion’s statements regarding the 2020 election are true. Accordingly, the Court will grant summary judgment in favor of Dominion on the element of falsity.
The whole trial is total trash. Remember The Gateway Pundit previously reported which FOX News discovered when it discovered that even senior Dominion executives, including former executive Eric Coomer, have expressed serious concerns about the security of its machines.
HUGE: FOX News filing shows DOMINION voting systems executives, including Eric Coomer, knew its voting systems had major security issues, were hacked and were ‘riddled with bugs’
The Associated Press reported:
A voting machine company’s defamation case against Fox News for airing false claims about the 2020 presidential election will go to trial after a Delaware judge on Friday allowed a jury to decide whether the conservative network has broadcast the allegations with real malice, the standard for proving slander.
Superior Court Judge Eric Davis ruled that neither Fox nor Dominion Voting Systems made a compelling case to determine whether Fox acted maliciously without the case going to a jury. But he also ruled that the statements Dominion challenged constituted defamation “in and of themselves” under New York law. This means that Dominion did not have to prove damages to establish Fox’s liability.
“The evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that (it) is CRYSTAL clear that none of the statements relating to Dominion regarding the 2020 election are true,” Davis wrote in his summary judgment decision.
The decision paves the way for a trial start in mid-April.
Dominion is suing the network for $1.6 billion, claiming Fox defamed it by repeatedly airing allegations of then-President Donald Trump and his allies in the weeks following the 2020 election , claiming that the company’s machines and accompanying software transferred the votes to Democrat Joe Biden.
Fox said he was simply covering up newsworthy allegations made by a sitting president that his re-election was stolen from him. In her ruling, Davis said Fox could not escape potential liability by claiming privileges for neutral reporting or opinion.
“FNN’s failure to uncover much conflicting evidence from the public sphere and Dominion itself indicates that its reporting was not disinterested.” writes the judge.
Meanwhile, The Gateway Pundit reported earlier this week that disgraced former Tucker Carlson and Maria Bartiromo producer Abby Grossberg is offering herself as a star witness.
Former FOX News booking producer sued the channel Monday after leaving the company. Abby Grossberg was a channel booking producer for Maria Bartiromo and Tucker Carlson.
On Monday, Grossberg filed a lawsuit alleging the company’s legal team urged her to answer “I don’t know” questions in the company’s lawsuit with Dominion voting machines.
Grossberg started with the company in 2019 – not that long ago.
Abby Grossberg deleted her Muck Rack account
Sounds like another BS lawsuit.
Again, what fake media doesn’t tell you: FOX News discovered that even senior Dominion executives, including Eric Coomer, had expressed serious concerns about the safety of its machines.
Last Monday, Grossberg deposit a frivolous lawsuit against Fox News’ legal team alleging the company’s legal team urged her to answer “I don’t know” questions in the company’s lawsuit with Dominion voting machines.